We are seeking an applicant that will excel in our veterinary assistant position. We are looking for an individual who loves both people and animals. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Clean appearance.
- Positive attitude, friendly and above average customer service skills.
- Good at multi-tasking and attentive to Details.
- Able to stand most of the day and move at a fast pace.
- Fast & willing learner (8-week, intense training program).
- Answer phones.
- Schedule appointments.
- Check clients/patients in for appointments/surgeries.
- Check clients/patients out.
- Handle payment/Go over medical instructions with owners (medicines, activity recommendations, recheck appointments, etc).
- Make follow-up phone calls to check on patient.
- Prepare and present price quotes to client.
- Fill prescriptions orders.
- Clean and maintain a spotless work environment.
- File/alphabetize client charts.
- Restore exam rooms in-between appointments.
- Perform basic animal restraint.
- Treat and care for hospitalized patients based on doctor’s instructions.
- Administer both oral and injectable medications.
- Learn, understand, and explain basic medical/surgical procedure.
- Work closely with and assist doctors as needed.
- Kennel duties.
- Basic animal care
- Let dogs out, provide food/water
- Clean kennels, clean bowls/dishes
- Bathe animals
- Be available to work 7 days a week – Staff members generally work 5 days a week, but we have a rotating schedule.
- Rotate weekend kennel duties and rotate holiday kennel duties.
- Be present at the weekly staff meeting every Tuesday morning at 7am.
- Be available to assist with community events that may be scheduled on nights & weekends.
- Each month you will have the opportunity to earn bonuses based on reaching clinic goals.
- Paid time off after one full year of employment, increases each year.
- Health insurance stipend after one full year of employment, increases each year.
- Simple IRA with 3% match.
- Discounts for your pets.
- Opportunities for growth and learning each day. We are always adding new services and improving upon the ones that we already provide.
- Have your voice heard-we are always open to new perspectives and want to hear your ideas.